Thursday, September 10, 2009

Butterfly Tote Bag


Bright purple tote bag, originally uploaded by passitonplates.

I have a thing for tote bags.

As I sew up other projects, I find fabrics that go together and I often whip up a quick tote bag - the size is based on my immediate need.

A few months ago I needed one big enough to hold a couple three-ring binders and a few other misc things, so I took some leftover obnoxious butterfly fabric and some leftover obnoxious purple fabric and made this cute-and-not-really-obnoxious tote bag. The handles are grosgrain ribbon.


DSCN5118, originally uploaded by passitonplates.

My discerning (now) 13 year old decided I should put the butterflies on the inside and the solid color purple on the outside. She said it's for a visual surprise, but I really think she doesn't want to be embarrassed if I carry the bag while we're out together ... in public.

Ok, yeah, it's wrinkly in the picture. It had been stuffed in another tote bag for a while. I use it to haul notebooks and my calendar (and lunch) to the day job. It's also handy for packing shoes into a suitcase or carrying display stuff to a craft show. I can fit a small crock pot in here, too.

Despite the wrinkles, it's cute, eh?



No comments:

Post a Comment