Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Suspense

Rachel wrote this story for her writing class.

The assignment was “Suspense.”
She got an A+.
Her teacher said that she nailed it.

As I stare out of my bedroom window, grounded for a week, I’m looking at the cornfield, large, empty, there’s fog floating over it. It’s Halloween night. Kids ring our doorbell and beg for food. How annoying.

Late the same night I wake up. It’s 2:00 in the morning. I’m strangely drawn to the window. I look out; I see a strange dark person-shaped shadow run into the cornfield. The shadow was carrying something. It looked heavy. I had to check this out.

I got my flashlight, a jacket, and courage together. I carefully and quietly opened my window. That was the last time I was ever in my room. I hit the ground with a sharp “crunch” noise.

“Darn! Owww!”

I had broken my ankle. I was stranded. The shadowy figure came towards me as I wallowed in pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment