OMG this one is long! Considering I normally write a book this will take me the rest of the day.
PS: Yep, it took me the rest of the day. C'est la vie!
WELCOME TO THE 2008 EDITION OF GETTING TO KNOW YOUR FRIENDS. Please copy (not forward) the entire e-mail & paste it into a new email. Change all answers that apply to you, and then send it to your friends including the person who sent it to you. The theory is that you will learn a lot of interesting little facts about your friends that you might not know!
1. What time did you get up this morning? 5:29 am
2. Diamonds or Pearls? how about Rubies?
3. What is the last film you saw at the cinema? Ummmm, I think it was Dan In Real Life. At Northern Lights.
4. What is your favorite TV Show? I watch whever's on. I think I have favorites but I can never remember them unless they're coming up next.
5. What do you usually have for breakfast? left-over coffee that I have to nuke and half & half (Frank gets up at 3am to go to work and the left overs are cool by the time I get up)
6. What is your middle name? Jean
7. What food do you dislike? ham & cheese sandwiches. If you add yellow mustard to that, it just ups the gross factor by about 35 points.
8. What is your favorite CD? This week it's a three way tie between Muse, Hard-Fi, and Hot Hot Heat
9. What kind of car do you drive? my little red mafia car, an 07 Chevy HHR
10. Favorite sandwich? Roast beef panini with fontina and carmelized onions and country mustard on ciabatta
11. WHAT CHARACTERISTIC DO YOU DESPISE? purposely helpless
12. FAVORITE ITEM OF CLOTHING? My red scottie dog pjs
13. If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go? I'd travel through Europe, starting in Scandinavia and winding my way around to Corsica, avoiding tourist-packed destinations like the plague
14. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR BATHROOM? The apartment complex painted it white with a beige floor but I have a red black and grey shower curtain, matching towels (mostly) and black rugs. It's masculine and very sexy, if I may say so.
15. FAVORITE BRAND OF CLOTHING? Does it fit? Does it look good? Then it's my favorite at the moment.
16. WHERE WOULD YOU RETIRE TO? A high-rise condo in the arts district of some vibrant, hip, pedestrian, urban downtown. I wouldn't need a car which would be good since I'd probably run people over at that point anyway.
Oh wait. That's incorrect. I plan to retire extremely wealthy in 15 years. I'll still be driving... my Jaguar.
But I'd still live in the condo.
As my second home.
17. WHAT WAS YOUR MOST MEMORABLE BIRTHDAY? 9th - My birthday is on Halloween and I dressed as "Time." I'm not sure why, but my crazy mother dressed me up in a tablecloth, one of her old wigs (that was the fashion in the early 70's and she kept them "for fun"), bright red lipstick, a tiara, and a sash with the years 1967-1976 on it. I went out trick or treating, nobody knew what I was, they were still confused when they asked "What are you?" and I replied "One year older!" Truly the most bizarre Halloween costume I've ever left the house wearing. I thought it was a little weird, but mom was pretty gung-ho about the whole thing and I figured "Why not?"
There. Does that explain things a little? At least now you have a better idea about where I get my weirdness from...
I think she still has the picture. Want me to ask her to dig it up so you can see it?
18. FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH? Synchronized Swimming. And Ping Pong.
19. FURTHEST PLACE YOU ARE SENDING THIS? Around the world
20. Who do you least expect to send this back? Hmmmmm....
21. Person you expect to send it back first. I'm probably the last one again, as usual.
22. Favorite saying : Toughshi Sh!tski and Okey-Dokey (it's fun to say B.S. in sign language, too.)
23. When is your birthday? see #17
24. ARE YOU A MORNING OR NIGHT PERSON? I'm a night person between 5:30-8am and a morning person after 11pm
25. WHAT IS YOUR SHOE SIZE? I'm down to 8.5-9, depending on who makes the shoe.
My feet are shrinking. They used to be size 10.
26. PETS? A weird little intellectual emo doggie named Caesar who understands a lot of spoken words as well as a fair amount of sign language. (Are you surprised? Did you expect me to not refer to him as weird?)
27. Any new and exciting news you want to share? The rash is healing nicely. No, I'm kidding.
How about I announce that Rachel comes home from her seven-week vacation to Wisconsin in two days!!
28. What did you want to be when you were little? A teacher. Huh. Oh, I know what happened with that plan. Charlie Kolb in my 6th grade class threw up and I decided I didn't want to be a teacher when I looked at (and smelled) the mess in the hallway. Instead I decided to become a mom and I also got a dog. So much for avoiding inconveniently timed smelly messes that I'm stuck cleaning up!
29.HOW OLD ARE YOU TODAY? Old enough to know it's not polite to ask a lady her age. Ok, the truth? This Halloween I'll be celebrating my 12th Annual 29th Birthday.
30. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CANDY? Reeses PB Cups. Oh, and Licorice Allsorts; they turn your tongue green,among other things.
31. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FLOWER? Lilacs, redbuds, peonies, rhodies, roses, lily of the valley, bottlebrush, bouganvillia (sp?)camillias, iris, hmmm...allium, alstomeria, impatients, bleeding hearts... I used to have a garden but now I sit in my apartment all day and complain and whine.
32. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? This whole week is a big one. July
30 Rachel arrives at the Seattle airport, July 31 we visit Pike Place and the Music Experience Project, Aug 2 my sister marries my boyfriend-in-law thereby changing this long lasting title to "Brother In Law." This wedding is a HUGE family event because we've been waiting so darned long for them to finally tie the knot.
33. WHAT IS YOUR FULL NAME? Pamela Jean Hawk
34. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Ryan is talking fast and spitting out phone numbers like he's an army drill sargeant. Maybe he'll say something else, too... We can only hope, right? Oh sorry boss ladies, let me finish that sentence. We can only hope he doesn't. *ahem* better?
35. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? melted vanilla shake, cold coffee, blueberries
36. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Magenta, Orange-red, or Violet(purple) We're talking Crayola names, right?
37. HOW IS THE WEATHER RIGHT NOW? Sunny and perfect low 80's with a 30% chance Ryan might sing more lame tv sitcom theme songs from the early 80's
38. FAVORITE SOFT DRINK? ummm, San Pelligrino? I don't like pop, so I hope that counts as a valid answer.
39. FAVORITE RESTAURANT? Muchas Gracias and now sushi at Kyoto (and of course Figlio and the Times Bar & Grill in Mpls)
40. SIBLINGS - 2 step sisters and a step brother
42. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TOY AS A CHILD I had Barbie and the bimbos along with her pimps named Ken, Ken, and Ken and they had a camper go run around in and an airplane to fly
43. SUMMER or WINTER? Summer
44. HUGS OR KISSES? Eh. Friendly handshake?
45. COFFEE OR TEA? Coffee and tea - depends if it's morning or night
46. CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA? How about Umpqua Espresso Madness?
47. DO YOU WANT YOUR FRIENDS TO EMAIL YOU BACK? heck yeah, but they probably won't at this point
48. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED. Mmmm, I really don't remember. Must have been quite a while ago. I probably stubbed my toe or something.
49. WHAT IS UNDER YOUR BED? (don't laugh) Three under-bed boxes crammed FULL of old cassette tapes: Gino Vannelli, Corey Hart, Abba, Nina Hagen, New Order, OMD, Husker Du, Bauhaus, The Buzzcocks, REM, U2, Vivaldi's Four Seasons, ELO, The Beatles... tons of mix tapes with weird names
50. WHO IS THE FRIEND THAT YOU HAVE HAD THE LONGEST. Michelle in Wisconsin; 30 years and counting
51. WHAT DID YOU DO LAST NIGHT? Computer stuff, went shopping for $63 worth of misc stuff at Wally World, had dinner with Frank standing up at the kitchen counter as we alternated between thin slices of home smoked pork loin and home smoked beef tenderloin and talked about silly stuff, bread recipes, Deaf Schools in other states, plans for this week, checked out menus of Seattle restaurants...
52. FAVORITE SMELL? Ocean Beach, bread, and wood
53. WHAT ARE YOU AFRAID OF? Becoming senile and having other people take care of me and I'm clueless as to who they are and who I am
54. SALTY OR SWEET? Oh, I'm sweet, thank you for asking.
55. HOW MANY KEYS ON YOUR RING? 3 My little red purse is too teeny tiny for any more than that.
56. HOW MANY YEARS AT YOUR CURRENT JOB? nearly 2
57. FAVORITE DAY OF THE WEEK? Wednesday & Sunday morning
58. HOW MANY TOWNS HAVE YOU LIVED IN? 15 so far
59. DO YOU MAKE FRIENDS EASILY? Yes.
60. HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL YOU SEND THIS TO? directly or indirectly?
61. HOW MANY WILL RESPOND? ?