Monday, July 14, 2008

Pam's Plates

Lots of people are starting to ask me "How is your plates thing going?"

For the record, it's fantastic. We're working hard both here in Oregon and in Wisconsin to introduce people to the concept and familiarize people with the concept. It's hard work, but it's plugging along and growing.

Because I'm not available to do farmers' markets and art shows on Saturdays, I'm working on promoting online and one on one. I've also been working on an additional ingenious way to have people promote the plates for me. You'll have to keep your eye on my Pass It On Plates blog to see what's developing.

In Wisconsin, my mom (and Rachel) have been regular vendors at the Hayward Flea Market with the plates. The plates have also been gifted all over Wisconsin and have already traveled to other states.

It has been challenging, introducing this totally new concept to people and trying to carve out our own little niche in the gift market with this interactive plate, but the response has been fantastic and people are rapidly catching on. Sometimes when a new project starts, I feel like time can't move quickly enough. In this case, though, I'm learning and developing so much I almost feel like time moves too fast and I can't get enough done in the time I have. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

I think it's a good thing. I'm having a blast.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment