Sunday, June 15, 2008

Throwing another log on the ...pizza?

Pizza made in a wood fired ovens is a very special treat. If you've never had a wood fired pizza, you are missing out big time. And I mean BIG time.

Wood fired pizza has a crispy crust with a tantalizing smoky flavor that tastes so right with pizza toppings. Traditional toppings are great on wood fired pizza but the more esoteric or gourmet toppings (like jerk chicken or artichokes) are un-believeable.

It smelled so good, walking by this vendor at the Bellevue farmers' market but the line was long and we needed to hit the road... I haven't seen a wood fired pizza since leaving Minneapolis almost 6 years ago. It's one of the foods I miss most.

Meanwhile, I checked out the back of this gal's shirt and found them at: www.veracipizza.com

Hope I can find them around here again.
Soon.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment