Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Wordless Wednesday

I just wanted to take a break from summer heat to show you this:


Mount Hood from Timberline Lodge, originally uploaded by ksbuehler.

Today the forecasted temperature is 105F. Ugh.

When it gets unbearably hot here in the valley, I turn to the northeast to look at Mt Hood and remind myself that even if it's 90 degrees... or 109 degrees like yesterday, I can still see real snow. With an elevation over 10,000 feet, year-round snow up on Mt. Hood is common.

Ok, it's far away, but I can see snow from my neighborhood.

And no, I am not kidding about 109 degrees here in mild-weather Oregon, where most people do not have air conditioning at home.
{{...panting and gasping and wilting in the heat...}}

(Ok, this really did start as a Wordless Wednesday but I couldn't help myself.)






No comments:

Post a Comment