For more info on everything we're doing this week, check our our party invitation here.
Here are two more recipes that Frank posted on his own blog, Deaf Chef at Large:
- Kofta Kabobs (Mid-East seasoned ground beef. Excellent!)
- Blueberry Liqueur (the hard part about this recipe is restricting your sampling so you have enough left over for winter and Christmas gifts!)
Don't forget to sign our guestbook!
Today we can't wait to show you cool stuff from the Pacific NW:
- Bellevue farmers market bread vendor (Seattle area) - just an artisan baker's booth with really cool-looking breads
- Fig Musings ...kind of a memoir of cookies and kolache and kind of a short story about trees
- 2008 Oregon State Fair Recap This provides links to all three state fair posts. This has been brought to you by the color pink... and by Tofurkey, the other white meat. No, wait, Tofurkey is a bean. The other white bean. No, that doesn't sound appealing...
Where's the BBQ pork?
! ! That's the pork?
...Ew. Uhhh, I think I'll stick with ice cream.
- Standing in the Santiam (Santiam rhymes with "Sandy Ann") - One of Pam and Rachel's favorite places to relax
Today's party game is Pam & Frank's Big Blog Scavenger Hunt!
We have a bunch of great blogs in the blogroll. Since they are just too good to keep to ourselves, we thought it would be fun to make a game out of visiting these blogs. You get to check out some interesting blogs, meet a bunch of really cool people, and get a chance to win a prize!
The scavenger hunt starts today and runs through Saturday 7/18/09. The winner will be announced on Monday 7/20/09.
Want to play or need more info? Click here.
Today's door prize is a Sea-n-Sun Notebook
I make up these notebooks for friends. They're all one of a kind, of course. I have a confession to make. While getting this finished up for the giveaway I was putting one last coat of paper varnish on the book and a piece of purple fuzz from my sweater got stuck in the varnish. It's not too obvious, but if you see a squiggly fiber in there, it's my sweater. Sorry! (It was chilly in the studio that day.)
Don't forget to enter today's giveaway!
Here are four ways to enter:
+1 comment below to say hello
+1 follow our blog and comment
+1 subscribe (with the little orange thingy or by email) and comment
+1 blog about our Scavenger Hunt and post the URL to your post in another comment. Do you want to post a Scavenger Hunt badge? Grab the code from our sidebar.
(BTW, all comments here are "do follow")
Only comments from today's date (ending at 11:59pm PST) are eligible for this prize. Be sure to include a way for us to let you know if you're the winner. You don't need a blog to enter, but you'll need to have a mailing address in the US or Canada. If you have already won a prize during this party, you may continue to participate but you will not be eligible for other prizes from this week's party. Thanks for understanding.
This is separate from today's door prize.
*For rules and complete details, click here.
Be sure to come back tomorrow for more blog party fun!
PS: The picture in the background of today's badge is Rachel and Caesar on the beach at Cape Kiwanda in Pacific City, Oregon. This is our favorite beach because of the tidepools full of sea anenomes and other fascinating critters, the 300 ft sand dune that people try to climb (Rachel can actually make it to the top), surfers (in dry suits), and The Pelican Pub & Brewery.